Adding a contact form to your WordPress website is an effective way to encourage communication with your site visitors. With the use of plugins, WordPress makes it easy to add contact forms. In this guide, we’ll be using Contact Form 7, one of the most popular free contact form plugins available.
Step 1: Install Contact Form 7 Plugin
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
- In the search field, type “Contact Form 7” and press enter.
- In the search results, find the Contact Form 7 plugin and click Install Now.
- Once the plugin is installed, click Activate to start using it.
Step 2: Create a New Contact Form
- In your WordPress dashboard, you’ll now see a section titled “Contact” in your main menu. Go to Contact > Contact Forms.
- On the Contact Forms page, click Add New to create a new form.
- You’ll see a default form already created for you. You can use this form as is or customise it to suit your needs.
Step 3: Customise Your Contact Form
- You can add new fields by clicking on the buttons in the form editor. For example, if you want to add a checkbox or a dropdown menu, just click the respective button.
- After adding a new field, you’ll be given options to customise it. You can set the field name, options, and whether the field is required.
- Once you’ve customised your form, click Save.
Step 4: Add Your Contact Form to a Page
- After saving your contact form, you’ll see a shortcode at the top of the page. Copy this shortcode.
- Go to the page where you want to display your contact form (or create a new one via Pages > Add New).
- Paste the shortcode into the content area of your page, where you want the contact form to appear.
- Click Publish or Update to save your changes.
Well done! You’ve just added a contact form to your WordPress website. Remember, you can go back and edit your contact form at any time. With a contact form in place, your site visitors can now easily get in touch with you, increasing user engagement and facilitating communication.